CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Families - FHE

So I found my favorite web site and I'll be pulling most my ideas from there but we all know you can find tons of ideas online! (thank goodness for technology!)




Lesson and Song
Idea #1


Gather for family home evening and invite your family to read the proclamation. Talk about what it teaches, and choose ways that you can work together to strengthen your family. Sing this Primary song to remind you that families can be together forever.


I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them through all eternity.
Fam’lies can be together forever through Heavnly Father’s plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can.
(“Families Can Be Together Forever,” Children’s Songbook, 188).


Idea #2
Show the children the picture of Jesus and His mother. Point to Jesus and tell the children that this is a picture of Jesus when He was a child. Point to Mary and say that this is Jesus’s mother. Explain that Jesus had a loving family who took good care of Him when He was small, and He loved His family very much. Suggest ways the children can show love for their mothers (by smiling, helping clean up, giving a hug, and so on). Invite them to pretend to do those things.



Idea #3

First we talked about families. As the children listed off people in their family (me, mom, dad, cousins, uncle, etc.) I wrote them on strips of paper. Then we arranged the strips on the board like a family tree. Finally, we talked about how the temple links the family together forever and as we talked, I took the strips of paper and made rings and linked them together using temple stickers. Each child then got several strips of paper to write on and make their own chains to take home. They even came up with the idea of linking all their chains together to make an even bigger one and I was able to talk about us all being a big spiritual family and part of Heavenly Father and Jesus' family. Jesus was one of the names they gave me for the paper chain.



Activity
To play this game as an activity for family home evening, cut out the clues. Change any clues that don’t work for your home.





Keep Clue #1. Hide the rest of the clues as follows:
Clue #2 on a bookshelf
Clue #3 by a set of scriptures
Clue #4 on a piano or in a songbook
Clue #5 where you meet for family home evening
Clue #6 by the television set
Clue #7 near suitcases or backpacks used on vacations
Clue #8 with cleaning or gardening supplies
Clue #9 where family prayer is held
Clue #10 where games are kept
Hide a treasure on the dining table, in the refrigerator, or in a turned-off oven. The treasure could be a treat, When you’re ready to begin the game, give your family the first clue and let them begin the hunt. If they have trouble finding a clue, give them a hint.
Clue 1A family that reads together has fun learning together.
Clue 2A family that searches the scriptures together learns how to become an eternal family.
Clue 3The family that sings together feels close to each other.
Clue 4The family that has family home evening together grows together.
Clue 5Watching good television programs together can be fun family entertainment.
Clue 6Going on a vacation can bring a family closer together.
Clue 7A family that works together gains respect and love for one another.
Clue 8A family that prays together feels close to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
Clue 9A family that plays together learns to love being together.
Clue 10A family that has meals together gets to know each other.






Coloring Page




Here's a link to a cute coloring page "My Family and Teachers help my Testimony Grow"




Another page from the church manual






There are other great ideas and lots of links to some fun activities, songs, and lessons here! Check it out if these don't quite work for your family situation. You can also find all the manuals on the churches web site. They have great lesson ideas you can tweak for your family home evening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment